Prepare your credit cards, friends: It’s time for Prime Day. Amazon just announced that its fourth-annual summer sale kicks off at 3 p.m. EST on Monday, July 16 and runs through Wednesday, July 18 at 3 a.m. EST. And not surprisingly, the mega online retailer says this year’s Prime Day will be bigger than ever — thanks to an added six hours and a promise of over one million deals online.
If you’re new to this Prime Day thing, a little background: This is Amazon’s big annual sale event for Prime members — basically Black Friday in July, when the retailer offers a bunch of rapid-fire deals on TVs, smart home gadgets, kitchen items, groceries, toys, fashion, furniture, appliances, back-to-school supplies, and everyday essentials that run over the course of 36 hours.
There’s not much intel yet on what’s going on sale, but we did get a little sneak peek. Here’s everything you need to know so far.
How to Shop the Deals
If you’re not already an Amazon Prime member, start there. Become an Amazon Prime member by clicking this link. If you’re not ready to commit, you can sign up for a 30-day trial that gives you access to all of Prime Day’s deals. Just remember to cancel after your month is up, or you’ll get charged.
Just like previous years, Prime Day will offer a mix of “Lightening Deals” and “Spotlight Deals.” Lightening Deals start every five minutes and run for a set amount of time, while Spotlight Deals last until an item is sold out. That means, you should plan to check in often and shop quickly. (Like we said, just like Black Friday!)
There Are Deals You Can Shop Now
Yes! Amazon has already started releasing deals for Prime members to whet your appetite. Many more one-off sales may roll out in the coming week, but here are some offerings you can shop today:
- Save $100 on an Echo Show.
- Save big on Amazon Brands including 25% off furniture and décor from Rivet and Stone & Beam, up to 20% off AmazonBasics items, and 30% off everyday essentials from Presto!, Mama Bear, and Solimo, among others.
- Save up to 50% on popular movies and TV shows on digital, DVD, and Blu-Ray.
- Try Amazon Music Unlimited for just $0.99.
- Twitch Prime is giving away a free PC game every day now through July 18.
- Try Kindle Unlimited and eBooks for three months of unlimited reading for just $0.99.
- Buy your first Kindle book and get a $10 Prime Day credit valid towards eBooks, print books, and Audible.
- Try Audible for three months at $4.95 a month.
Bonus: You can save at Whole Foods, too.
As part of Prime Day 2018, you’ll also be able to save offline at Whole Food Markets across the United States, too. Prime members
Based on this sampling so far, we’re expecting some good offerings starting July 16. Check back as we update with more info about Prime Day. Happy Shopping!