More than 3 quarters of Americans said that being fit and looking attractive is important for them, but only about a third work out on a regular basis. We know it can be too tempting to skip the training after a hard day at work. Luckily, there’s a workout that can help you get in shape without leaving your house.
Apegeo understands that the workout should be simple, but still effective. That’s why we found the exercises that can help you tone your body with comfort. As a bonus, at the end of the article, you’ll find a secret exercise that will help boost the benefits of your workout.
1. V-sit crunches
V-sit crunches improve the strength of your core muscles and contribute to better coordination and balance.
- Lie on your back. Put your arms along your body and make sure your legs are straight.
- Exhale and lift your back and your legs off the floor, squeezing your abs.
- Slowly return to the initial position, but don’t let your shoulders and legs touch the floor. Raise them up again.
- Repeat 15-20 times.
You don’t have to go all the way down to the floor between the reps. Just try to lower your body as much as possible, but don’t touch the floor.
2. Donkey kicks
Donkey kicks are the perfect exercise to round your glutes and tone your legs.
- Get on all fours. Squeeze your abs and keep your back straight.
- Raise your bent leg, contracting your gluteal muscles. Return to the starting position, but keep your knee off the floor!
- Repeat 20-25 times on each leg.
You can use additional weights to make this exercise more challenging.
3. Bridge exercise
The bridge exercise mostly targets your glutes and also engages your lower back muscles.
- Lie on the floor and put your hands along your body. Then bend your knees.
- Exhale and raise your hips, contracting your glutes. Your body should form a straight line.
- Return to the starting position and do 12-15 reps.
You can change the position of your hands or try single leg bridges to work all parts of your muscles.