There is something mysterious and whimsical about the forest. The dense trees cluster to hide a whole separate world of odd and interesting discoveries you won’t find anywhere else. Apegeo has rounded up photos of the stranges, coolest and curious finds people have documented from their walks in the forest.
From forgotten objects transformed into moss-covered relics to visual wonders created by mother nature herself to logs and trees accessorized by dedicated visitors (or fairies). Scroll down to check out these delightful photographs that might inspire you to go wandering off the beaten path and explore the woods. And don’t forget to upvote your favs!
1. I Found This In My Local Woods
This is a memorial for loyal companions that crossed the Rainbow Bridge. So many good boys and girls. So much unconditional love.
One of the reasons your lungs feel refreshed when walking through a pine forest is because of an anti-inflammatory compound called a-Pinene, found in conifers. It is used as a bronchodilator in the treatment of asthma and abundantly present in marijuana.
2. Me And My Girlfriend Were Walking In The Woods The Other Week And Saw A Rainbow Pool For The First Time
3. I Was Out For A Walk In The Woods Today And Almost Stepped On This Beauty
There is a 2400 year old giant “honey mushroom” in Oregon, covering 2200 acres, slowly killing off the trees in the forest. It is the largest living organism on the planet.
4. Buddy Of Mine Came Across This Dinosaur In The Woods The Other Day
5. Found This In The Woods Today
In the Battle of Hurtgen Forest during WW2, the forest was so dense and dark and hard to navigate that the German and Allied medics shared an aid station in the only building either could easily find.
6. Abandoned Russian House Found In The Woods
7. Standing In A Huge Pond That Sinks Every Dry Season
The Redwood Forest in northern California is famous for its towering redwood trees which can grow more than 350 feet tall. This is the height on an average skyscraper. Some redwood trees are so big that miniature forests grow on their upper branches.
8. Found This In The Woods While Trail Riding
9. This Tree I Found Hiking Looks Like A Forest Monster Watching Over You
A man called Jadav Payeng single-handedly planted a forest bigger than Central Park to save Majuli Island in Northern India from erosion. The forest is now home to large amounts of stray wildlife.