“Crying activates the body in a healthy way,” says Stephen Sideroff, Ph.D., a clinical psychologist at UCLA and director of the Raoul Wallenberg Institute of Ethics. It is especially useful to cry if you are overwhelmed with emotions because this reduces your stress dramatically. This is why we recommend not only watching good movies, but also looking at emotional photos that we often publish on our website.
Apegeo has prepared a new series of photos with really moving stories behind them.
1. “Every day my parents play Mario Kart 64 to see who makes a cup of tea. They’ve done this religiously since 2001.”
2. Meeting for the first time
3. “I’m finally a dad. Look at those cheeks!”
4. This man offers any passerby the opportunity to explore space with him.
5. This man jumped into a moving car and saved a seizure victim.
6. 2 parents listening to the heart transplanted from their 23-year-old son
7. “My retired in-laws love Christmas, and love decorating their home. 2 weeks ago, a vandal came around and slashed all their lawn inflatables. After they filed the police report, the officer went and purchased new decorations for them out of his own pocket.”
8. In Istanbul, people build small shelters for stray cats.
9. Elderly couple on the mistletoe cam
10. Winning isn’t everything.